The perfect healthy treat or dessert for 4th of July - mini Greek yoghurt and berry tarts! A simple base, yoghurt filling and colourful berries on top!
Happy 4th of July!! I realise that this is completely irrelevant given the fact that we are in New Zealand and 4th of July means absolutely nothing to us buuuuut let's keep in mind a few things as we make these mini Greek yoghurt berry tarts.:
1. 2 days ago, we WERE in the United States. I'm still in denial that we aren't there anymore
2. We spent the last 3 weeks hearing ads, seeing displays and driving past hundreds of pop up fireworks stands in preparation for today
3. I also spent the last 3 weeks eating as many blueberries and raspberries as I could get my hands on and even though we can't get fresh ones here at the moment, frozen is almost as good so I'm gonna keep eating them
4. I have friends and family in the US who will be celebrating today so if we can celebrate with them from afar, why wouldn't we?!
5. Um, these tarts are adorable - mini dessert > regular sized dessert
So remembering all of that, and that we sometimes need a healthy little treat that feels super desserty, and that we are really feeling the summer berry vibes even though it's freezing cold here, and that these treats actually only take 15 minutes to make + a little chilling time...let's do it!...