Classic easy banana bread recipe made in 1 bowl, and is ready to eat in 1 hour! It’s delicious, easy home baking at it’s finest!
We are almost on our way home!! It’s been 3 weeks exploring and eating our way through the Southern USA and I can’t wait to tell you all about it. We’ve had the best time but we’re both pretty excited to get home and see these cuties. And I know I’ll regret this within 2 minutes of being back in the cold but I’m kinda excited to not be sweaty…it has been HOT here!! I’m also really looking forward to getting back in the kitchen and making a whole bunch of new recipes for you…I’m feeling super inspired by chocolate and peanut butter (no surprises! ????) wintery gumbo, coffee creamer, sweet pies and um…doughnuts…that may or may not be loaded with even more deliciousness. Feeling fat already? Me too! But until then, grab those ugly brown bananas that have been forgotten in your fruit bowl…we’re making easy banana bread!
This easy banana bread recipe is one of my current favourites. There are so many ways you can make banana bread fancy but when it comes down to it, sometimes it’s the classics that stand the test of time, and this banana bread is one of those recipes.
It’s made in 1 bowl, and is ready to eat in 1 hour. I’m speaking your language right? All the busy/lazy people say heeeey! Me too.
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s pretty adaptable. You can use anywhere from 1/2 cup of sugar for a loaf that’s less sweet or up to 1 cup if you like it sweeter. I find that 3/4 cup or just under is perfect for me.
It’s the sort of thing that you bake and it reaches out and grabs you from the oven. I mean, it’s banana bread, it’s not exactly fancy but the aroma of freshly baked banana bread is enough to make you go back and brush your teeth for a second time that night because you just HAVE to have a piece before bed. True story.
It freezes well as a whole loaf or even as individual slices that can be grabbed out of the freezer and thrown into a lunchbox.
So if you’ve got an hour and a few bananas lying around, get to it! It’s worth the effort just for the smell alone!
Easy Banana Bread
- 4 medium sized very ripe bananas mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 100 grams butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (157.5g) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (210g) flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F and grease or line a loaf tin.
- Add the bananas to a large mixing bowl and mash using a fork. Add the melted butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla and whisk together.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the bowl and whisk together again, until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Slice and serve immediately, or keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days.
- You may also wrap and freeze the whole loaf, or individual pieces that can be pulled out of the freezer and put straight into a lunchbox.