Enjoy the flavours of fall at any time of year with this healthy homemade Pumpkin Spice Granola! It’s super easy to make, full of flavour and extra goodies like pumpkin seeds, quinoa and cranberries…it’s autumn in a bowl!
It’s the return of homemade granola! I know how much y’all (yes, I came back from our USA trip speaking Southern) love your homemade granola – honey nut, mocha java, peanut butter & banana. Today I bring you the pumpkin version…pumpkin spice granola! Because duh, it’s Pumpkin Week!!
It’s sweet, spicy and full of extra goodies – pumpkin seeds, crunchy quinoa and juicy cranberries. It’s autumn in a bowl! Makes you just want to dive right into it and eat your way out through all the deliciousness right?! Just me? Ohhh k sorry.
Also, in other completely non food related news, I sort of snapped the aerial off the top of my car yesterday when I was taking the cover off to stop my windscreen from frosting (winter’s fault). Does this mean I can’t listen to the radio anymore? No more getting over the top excited when my favourite song comes on and singing super loud to it even though I have it right there on my phone and can listen to it any time I want? Also, can I fix this? Or do I just get a whole new car? (kiiiinda angling for this option!) Help? Really though, Josh can probably fix it but I’m hoping if I get an army of “get a new car” behind me we may have a case… 😉
This granola follows the same easy pattern to make as all the others – mix your dry ingredients together, mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and then combine so that all the oats are covered.
Spread it out on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes at a low heat (150°C) before cooling and stirring through the dried cranberries.
This is the perfect example of why pumpkin is the best vegetable. Not only have we crossed the barrier from savoury into sweet, we have ventured right on into “vegetables for breakfast” territory without even batting an eyelid…look at us go! Feels good huh?
I’ll be back on Friday with a huge big round up of all the best pumpkin recipes I can find…have a good Wednesday!
Pumpkin Spice Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon (see recipe note 1)
- 1 tsp ground ginger* (see recipe note 1)
- 1/2 tsp allspice* (see recipe note 1)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg* (see recipe note 1)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F
- Add rolled oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, salt, pumpkin seeds and uncooked quinoa to a large bowl and combine.
- In a small bowl add pumpkin puree, maple syrup and oil and mix together. Add to the dry ingredients and combine until the oats are fully coated.
- Spread out on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before adding the dried cranberries and storing in an airtight container.
- If you live somewhere you can buy pumpkin pie spice, use 1 TBSP instead of the spices listed