Easy homemade real strawberry ice cream made in the food processor. Only 3 ingredients and the most delicious, no churn, creamy summer dessert.
This post was originally published in March 2015 – it has been re-tested, rephotographed, rewritten, and republished (to make it better for you!) in January 2020.
You guys, this ice cream is EVERYTHING!! 3 ingredients, blitz it up in the food processor and you have homemade soft serve real fruit ice cream in less than 10 minutes!
My Granny used to make this ice cream for us all the time when we were kids and it brings back such great memories – I loved being able to make this with Sadie! And it’s so easy even a 2 year old can make it!
Although it doesn’t require an ice-cream maker, it does require a little forward planning (pre-frozen strawberries) but if you are desperate for this deliciousness (I hear ya!) any frozen berries could be substituted. I think a mixed berry blend would be so good!
TIP: In summer when strawberries are cheap as chips I always stock up, slice them up, lay them on a tray and freeze them for occasions such as this. You can buy frozen strawberries but this works out much cheaper, especially if you can get your hands on a big punnet of seconds from a berry farm.
It will be the consistency of soft-serve so if you like soft ice-cream eat it now. But if you like harder ice-cream you can freeze it for a few hours or overnight. But I dare you to not eat it straight away.
Do I need an ice cream maker for this recipe?
No! This recipe is made by adding all ingredients to a food processor! If you have a high powered blender you can also use this.
Do I have to use strawberries?
Any berries will work in this recipe but if you are using raspberries, blackberries or any berries that are not as sweet as strawberries, you may need to use more icing sugar.
Other ice cream recipes that you will love:
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- How to make Ice Cream Sandwiches
- How to set up an Ice Cream Sundae Bar
- Healthy Soft Serve Banana Ice Cream
SHOP THE RECIPE
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Kiwi Country Girl.
Here are some items I used to make this recipe:
Made this recipe? Tag me on Instagram @thekiwicountrygirl and hashtag it #thekiwicountrygirl.
Easy Strawberry Ice-Cream (no churn)
- 500 g frozen strawberries
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (more if you prefer it sweeter)
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor or the the jug of a high powered blender and blitz until a smooth consistency is reached. You may have to stop it and scrape down the sides. Serve immediately to enjoy the soft serve consistency, or transfer to a freezable container and freeze for a few hours or overnight.