The easiest and most delicious homemade no churn vanilla ice-cream! You only need 3 ingredients and 10 minutes to make a batch of this - no ice-cream maker needed!
This post was originally published in March 2015 – it has been retested, rephotographed, rewritten, and republished (to make it better for you!) in January 2019.
I'm a big fan of making ice-cream at home but I've never found a vanilla ice-cream that I really love. They're all custard based/use 5 egg yolks/require cooking or are just plain complicated and taste weird. I mean they're good, but they just don't have that soft, creamy consistency of the store bought ice-cream that I love so much.
Click here to pin this post to your desserts recipes board on Pinterest to save it for later
And then I discovered this recipe for Easy Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine from Kevin and Amanda. It looked way too good to be true but I can assure you, it's not. I've been making this ice-cream for about 5 years now and it never gets old! Not only is it extremely easy to make, it has that perfect soft texture that I had been searching for! And tastes divine.
It couldn't be more simple. Pour 250mls of cream into a mixer bowl and whip it until stiff peaks form.
In a separate bowl pour a tin of condensed milk and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix it all together and fold the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream until it looks and feels like a cloud. Delightful! Pour into a freezable container and throw it in the freezer.
Nope, not even joking. Let it freeze overnight and then eat to your heart's content.
Made this? Tag me on Instagram @thekiwicountrygirl and hashtag it #thekiwicountrygirl.
No Churn Vanilla Ice-Cream
- 250 ml cream
- 1 x 395g can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or the bowl of your stand mixer using the whisk attachment, whip cream until stiff peaks form (about 10 minutes)
- In a separate bowl mix together condensed milk and vanilla. Fold through the whipped cream until well combined. At this stage if you wanted to add any extras such as crushed Oreos, chocolate chips or other colours or flavours, add them now too.
- Pour into a freezer proof container and freeze for at least 6 hours or until firm. Store in the freezer.