You only need 5 ingredients and 25 minutes to make this epic No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice - it tastes just like peanut butter cups!
This post was originally published in August 2015 – it has been retested, rephotographed, rewritten, and republished (to make it better for you!) in July 2018
For how much of a sweet tooth I have, I am one of those really annoying people who can keep chocolate in the house and not touch it. I was that kid who still had her Christmas chocolate at Easter. I know!! I don’t mean to brag, but my willpower is pretty strong.
But guys...this No-bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice has been my undoing. I cannot be in the same house, let alone room as this creamy, chocolatey pan of peanut butter cup goodness without inhaling the entire slice. And it’s not just a one off, current favourite either. I first made this slice back in 2015 and it’s been calling my name ever since.
I don’t make it often and for good reason. Josh, who is obsessed with peanut butter will not touch the stuff if it has come into contact with anything other than white bread. So because the combination of chocolate and peanut butter is something that I will never be able to resist I cannot make this slice unless 1. I have to take it somewhere or 2. I am fully prepared to eat the entire thing and go running for approximately 2 days straight and eat nothing but lettuce to counter it.
Other than the obvious delicious factor, the great thing about this no bake peanut butter slice is that it’s just a simple matter of crushing some biscuits, mixing them with melted butter, a bit of icing sugar and peanut butter, pressing it into a pan and pouring melted chocolate & peanut butter on top! It's basically a whole pan of peanut butter cups! I have made this with homemade peanut butter and bought peanut butter, so use your favourite.
The extra peanut butter for swirling on top is kind of optional but not really because LOOK AT THE SWIRLS!!
Click here to pin this post to your baking recipes board on Pinterest to save it for later
Also, in the recipe I’ve said that it will keep in the fridge for 1 week which is actually kind of laughable. But if by some divine miracle you manage to not eat it all in one sitting and you have some still around after 1 week, it will still be good. And the only reason I can attest to this is because I put the last couple of pieces in a Tupperware sandwich container in the fridge and happened upon them when I was looking for something for Sadie’s dinner. She had toast, I ate the last of the slice, and it was still a very good time.
Things that will make you fall in love with this Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice:
- Tastes just like peanut butter cups
- Super easy to make
- Ready to eat in under 30 minutes
- Beautiful swirly patterns made with a toothpick
- Extreme crowd pleasing abilities
If I could only make one slice for the rest of my life, this is the one I am choosing. Have I convinced you yet?
Now go forth and get that swirly peanut butter goodness into you!
Other Peanut Butter Recipes to try:
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice
- 125 grams (about 1 ½ cups) plain biscuits (crushed) See note 1
- 100 grams butter (melted)
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- ⅓ cup icing sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoon smooth peanut butter (divided)
- Line a 20cm x 20cm (8" x 8") brownie tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together crushed biscuits, melted butter, peanut butter and icing sugar. Press into the prepared brownie tin and set aside.
- In a microwave bowl or over a double boiler melt 1 cup of chocolate chips and 2 tablespoon of the second measure of peanut butter. Pour over the base and smooth out using a spatula.
- To make the swirls: Take the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and spoon it in dots all over the chocolate topping (see image in post or video for a visual) and drawing a toothpick through the peanut butter, make your swirly pattern. Don't take too long doing this as the chocolate will start to harden.
- Chill the slice in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm. Slice and serve. Will keep in the tin in the fridge for a week (see note 2)
- I used Round Wine Biscuits but Graham Crackers, Marie Biscuits or any plain biscuits that you can find will do.
- The slice will only keep in the fridge for 1 week if you have the willpower of a saint.
Made this? Tag me on Instagram @thekiwicountrygirl and hashtag it #thekiwicountrygirl. And if you tried and loved this recipe, please leave a comment and a rating below!