My all time favourite, easy to make dessert - no bake peanut butter cup cheesecake bars with an oreo crust. The perfect make ahead dessert for anyone who loves Reese's or peanut butter! Drizzle with chocolate sauce and it's even better!
To give you an idea of how extremely excited I am about these no bake peanut butter cup cheesecake bars, let's take a little trip down blog memory lane. I’m not sure if you guys knew this, but peanut butter & chocolate is kind of my thing...maybe these homemade peanut butter cups, these truffles & the best bars kind of hinted at it, but in case you missed them, now you know.
The thing that always gets me is that Josh eats peanut butter on toast by the truckload but will not, not even with a 10 foot pole touch anything involving peanut butter without the aforementioned toast. I am the total opposite. Maybe once I year I’ll suddenly need a PB toast fix but I can’t get enough of the peanut butter/chocolate combination. I brought back peanut butter M&M's and Reese's Pieces from our trip as well as eating my weight in them while we were there. Not to mention the ridiculous peanut butter cup Blizzards from DQ. Where are you now Dairy Queen!?!
Which leads to a big problem.
I can’t just make a no bake peanut butter cup cheesecake unless I have somewhere to take it. Otherwise you know it’s going to sit in my fridge and without realising it, I will eat the whole thing. Not that it’s a bad thing because this beauty is possibly the best peanut butter chocolate thing I think I’ve made.
Buuuut there is that small matter of my jeans. As in, I really like it when they fit.
So luckily for me, we had a birthday morning tea for our workmate Emma! It was the perfect thing to take because it turns out I work with a whole lot of chocolate peanut butter lovers who were more than a little bit excited about this creation.
The base is my favourite Oreo base - crushed Oreos and melted butter pressed into a tin. No need to bake, just let it set in the fridge while you make the filling. The base is just thick enough to hold the filling without overpowering the peanut butter goodness. If you wanted to, you could certainly double the base for extra crunch.
The filling is also no bake - we are all about keeping it simple around here. Cream cheese, peanut butter, cream and a little bit of sugar all whipped up until it’s fluffy & spread onto the set base. And just to be clear, nobody mentioned that this was health food.
It's reaaaally important that the ingredients for the filling are at room temperature. Otherwise you will end up with lumps of cream cheese. I usually take the cream cheese out of the fridge the night before if I'm making it in the morning.
Sprinkle over some chopped peanut butter cups and let it set in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight if you can. It will keep in the fridge for a few days so it’s the perfect make ahead dessert.
I'm in love!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars
- 1 x packet Oreos 140g
- 50 g butter melted
- 1 x 250g packet cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peanut butter cups
- Chocolate sauce
- Line a 20cm (8”) square baking tin with baking paper or tinfoil making sure it goes up the sides with some overhang.
- In a food processor crush the Oreos until they are fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and stir well to combine.
- Press firmly into the prepared tin using a glass or your hands. Put in the fridge to set while you make the filling.
- Add the cream cheese & peanut butter to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on high speed using the paddle attachment until smooth and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add the sugar, cream and vanilla and mix on medium speed for a further 3 or 4 minutes until combined and smooth.
- Spread the filling onto the base and smooth using a spatula. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups and put in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Using the baking paper or tinfoil, lift the cheesecake out of the tin to cut. Use a sharp knife to cut into pieces. To ensure clean cuts I like to wipe the knife with a paper towel between cuts.
- Serve from the fridge with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and more peanut butter cups.
- Keep in the fridge for 3 or 4 days.