Easy to make, smooth, creamy & perfect no bake peanut butter cheesecake truffles. The perfect dessert, treat or handmade holiday gift!
This week. Whoa. Here is a snapshot because it’s been kinda hilarious.
I put up the Christmas lights, made snowflakes out of popsicle sticks, tried and failed (still a work in progress) to make a gingerbread house, we had baby chicks hatch and I substituted snacks for way too many meals.
But what this week will really always be known as: “The week I was in a hurry to pack my bag for dancing and accidentally put in a pair of Josh’s jockeys instead of my shorts and had to dance in men’s underwear.”
It happened, it was super comfortable and I owned it. I subsequently risked running out of gas on my way home because although I was happy exercising with girls I know in
my Josh’s undies, there was not a chance I was stopping at the petrol station. Knowing my luck it would have been one of those chance meetings with a primary school teacher/old boyfriend/workmate and I wasn’t willing to take that chance. Good news is that I made it back into town yesterday morning without running dry. But I take that chance again today because my card has expired and they haven’t sent me a new one yet so I had to put a measly $10 which was all the coins I had of gas in my car…eeek! I live life on the edge.
Not quite as amusing but definitely something that needs to register on the “awesome things that happened this week” list…these peanut butter cheesecake truffles. They are officially my favourite dessert. Actually they are also dinner food, as long as you consume them with wine, while decorating and listening to Christmas carols.
They’re creamy, peanut buttery, covered in chocolate and are pretty much the sort of thing that I imagine I dream about because they are just perfect. They are basically peanut butter cups in truffle form which I would say makes them Christmassy!
They are also ideal for packaging up and gift giving, for keeping around for when you have visitors or just for when you need a quick dinner. I mean snack.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Truffles
- 125 g cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 g milk chocolate
- Add cream cheese, peanut butter, icing sugar & vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) and beat until smooth and creamy and there are no lumps.
- If the mixture is firm enough to roll, you can roll it into balls right away, otherwise cover and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour until it has firmed up. Roll into balls (about 1 TBSP big) and place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Refrigerate for about an hour until firm.
- Using a double boiler or in the microwave melt the chocolate. Roll each truffle in the chocolate until fully coated, remove using a spoon and place back on the tray and refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- Store in the fridge.