No bake strawberry cheesecake for 2 - the perfect easy small batch dessert for Christmas, Thanksgiving or date night - plus, they're refined sugar free and lightened up with Greek yoghurt!
It's December!! The 11 month ban on all things Christmas has been lifted and I am now allowed to go completely Christmas crazy for 1 whole month...eeeek! Plus I really feel like this holiday season is going to be the best one yet....not only do I have so much more time to be at home making Christmas cookies and doing fun Christmas crafts, I have a little holiday elf to help me. Well, not so much with the helping, but more with the making Christmas so much more exciting.
The other awesome thing about Christmas is obviously the food. Not only Christmas Day food but all the great things that come with this time of year, mostly fresh berries! No bake strawberry cheesecakes (for 2!) make the most of the delicious fresh strawberries that are going crazy - we have a ton of plants in our polytunnel and they are going nuts! It's the best.
My favourite thing about these desserts is that they look super fancy but are so easy to make. You can whip them up in 20 minutes...really! They're made up of a really simple crushed biscuit base with a bit of butter, the cheesecake filling is cream cheese and Greek yoghurt (really important to make sure these are both at room temperature so there are no lumps!) maple syrup and vanilla extract. Then to top it all off, fresh chopped strawberries (or you could use any other berry) with a splash of maple syrup and a squeeze of lemon juice. All served up in the cutest little glasses!
Plus, notice how we are using maple syrup and Greek yoghurt? This is the way to pull back on the cream and sugar overload that is coming in the next few weeks but without sacrificing any flavour!
The other thing that I love about these desserts is that most Christmas recipes and desserts are made to serve a crowd, for obvious reasons. These no bake strawberry cheesecakes for 2 are exactly that. 2 servings, just for 2 people! They are perfect for the lead up to Christmas when you want a fancy (but easy) dessert and not too much of it, perfect for if you are having Christmas with only a small group of people or in our family, perfect for Josh's cousin who has a nut and egg allergy which pretty much excludes all of the good Christmas Day desserts! I plan on making a couple of these and she can have them both!
Also, no bake strawberry cheesecake for 2 is definitely not limited to Christmas Day. They would make the perfect dessert for at home date night or even Valentine's Day or an anniversary. Or you know, a Tuesday. 🙂
If you like the look of these, try one of these other small batch recipes:
- 6 vanilla wine biscuits
- 20 g butter (melted)
- 125 g (½ block) cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt (room temperature)
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Using a small food processor blitz the biscuits until they are fine crumbs. If you don't have a food processor, put the biscuits in a snaplock bag and smash them up using a rolling pin. Stir through the melted butter. Spoon the base into 2 glasses (about 250ml in size) and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and using a hand mixer, beat together until the filling is smooth - you don't want any lumps. Spoon the topping on top of the biscuit bases, leaving room at the top for the topping.
- Combine chopped strawberries, maple syrup and lemon juice in a small bowl. Spoon on top of the cheesecake filling.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving.