The best way to cook hard boiled eggs – in the instant pot or multi cooker! 5 minutes cook time, perfect eggs and easy to peel – even farm fresh eggs!
The day I realised I could hard boil the eggs in my multi cooker was a great day.
Not only could I perfectly cook multiple eggs from our chickens with the press of a button, I could PEEL THEM without losing half the egg in the process. If you have ever tried peeling hard boiled eggs that are fresh from your chickens you will know this pain!
I wish I could tell you why it works so well but it seems to be one of those mysteries about the instant pot, but it’s definitely one I am happy to just accept.
The other great thing about this method is that you can cook as many eggs at once as you can fit in your cooker! Or you can just cook 2. The cook time and method are exactly the same, regardless of how many.
Simply add 1 1/2 cups of water to the bottom of the cooker, place the rack in the pot and sit the eggs on the rack.
Make sure the valve is in the closed position, turn the cooker on and select the “pressure cook” or manual setting on the cooker. Set the time to 5 minutes on high pressure for hard boiled eggs, or 3 minutes for soft boiled and press start.
Once the timer beeps, manually release the pressure and then use tongs to remove the eggs from the pot and place in a jug of cold water.
Let them cool enough to touch before peeling (or you can just place in the fridge unpeeled).
Perfect hard or soft boiled eggs with no effort – what more do you want!
We love having them in the fridge for snacks or mashing them with a bit of homemade mayonnaise for sandwiches.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Kiwi Country Girl.
Items used to make this recipe:
CrockPot Multi Cooker
Multi Cooker Hard Boiled Eggs
- Multi Cooker/Instant Pot
- 4-8 eggs
- Place the rack in the bottom of the multi cooker/instant pot and pour in 1 1/2 cups of warm water.
- Place the eggs on the rack, close the lid, set the valve to sealed position and select "pressure cook" or "manual" setting.
- Set the time for 5 minutes for hard boiled eggs (or 3 minutes for soft boiled eggs) and press start.
- Once cooking time is finished, manually release the pressure and use tongs to take the eggs out of the pot and place into a bowl of cold water.
- Store in the fridge unpeeled for a few days or peel and mash into eggs for sandwiches.