These blueberry & lemon curd mini galettes are a super easy but super fancy dessert idea – they can be whipped up in 15 minutes! Perfect for entertaining and for using up summer berries!
So after the AMAZING discovery of the weekend aka making puff pastry my mind was swimming with possibilities. Sweet, savoury, cutting out shapes, mini things, big pies, just eat the pastry, you know. I finally settled on blueberries & lemon curd. Rightly so. The last few days have started to feel like spring is in the air (finally) and the combination of blueberries and lemon curd just screams spring to me!
Apparently these little pies are called galettes. I still think they’re just mini flat pies but calling them galettes makes me feel fancy. And how impressive does saying, “I’ll just whip up a few blueberry & lemon curd mini galettes” sound? But don’t let the name put you off – out of all the things I could have made, this is probably the easiest. You don’t even need a pie dish – just a baking tray.
After you’ve made the pastry and let it chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or longer, roll it out until it is about 3mm thick. This recipe only uses half the pastry that this recipe makes but it also only makes 4 galettes, so feel free to use all the pastry and make more!
Using whatever round object you can find in your kitchen – I used the lid from my coffee grinder – cut out 5″ circles and place them on a lined baking tray.
Spread with a little lemon curd – you can buy it, or try making your own and be super fancy!
Then divide the blueberry mixture between the pies, trying to keep it away from the edge. The lemon curd will help as the bluberries will stick to it! Sprinkle the leftover sugar/cornflour on top.
Working around the pie, fold up the edges so that they are sort of covering the blueberries. Press the pastry gently to hold it together.
So pretty. Look how fancy we are!
Finally, bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is golden brown, cooked through and the blueberry mixture is bubbling away. You may have a volcanic effect like I did. That’s ok. It’s part of the charm.
Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Or some yoghurt and more mint.
And enjoy your delicious little spring nests!
Blueberry & Lemon Curd Mini Galettes
- 1/2 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP cornflour (cornstarch)
- 8 tsp lemon curd
- Place the blueberries, sugar & cornflour in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Roll out the pastry until it is 3-5 mm thin and cut out 4 circles about 5" in diameter. Place the circles on a lined baking tray.
- Put 2 teaspoons of lemon curd on the pastry and spread, not quite to the edges.
- Divide the blueberries between the 4 pastry rounds, trying to keep them away from the edges and sprinkle the remaining sugar/cornflour over top.
- Moving around the pastry, gently fold the sides of the pastry over, in towards the blueberries. Gently press the pastry together.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the blueberry mixture is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before serving with whipped cream, yoghurt or ice-cream.