The perfect refreshing summer drink – my cold brew peach iced tea recipe! 5 minutes prep and just leave it to brew for a few hours.
Do you like iced tea? Until a few years ago it wasn’t something I ever drank other than the occasional sugary flavoured bottle that you can buy from the supermarket.
But then we travelled to the Southern USA and iced tea was EVERYWHERE! Also, it was literally 100 degrees (Farenheit!) so when water wasn’t cutting it, iced tea was the winner.
In the south they drink iced tea either sweetened or unsweetened. I’m usually an unsweetened girl when it comes to coffee and drinks but in this case, a mix of the two was perfect.
Click here to pin this recipe to your drinks board on Pinterest to save it for later
Since we got back from that trip I had always been meaning to try making iced tea like they do but like most things, never got around to it. Then one day Josh’s mum brought over a recipe for peach iced tea and asked if I would make it for a family lunch we were having. I made it, it was delicious and after a few tweaks, this is the peach iced tea recipe that I make weekly now.
The peaches are the perfect way to add a little extra flavour to the tea without making it overly sweet. I muddle them up with a small amount of sugar – you can adjust this to how sweet you like your tea. Then I add a few herbs if I have them – mint and lemon verbena are delicious! Add a few tea bags, top with cold water and sit in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
Once it’s ready, remove the tea bags and you can keep it in the jug in the fridge like that for a few days.
To serve, fill a glass with ice, add a couple of mint leaves and fresh peach slices and serve!
It’s the perfect refreshing drink for a hot summer’s day, family brunch or as a non alcoholic drink option for birthday parties or baby showers!
Made this recipe? Tag me on Instagram @thekiwicountrygirl and hashtag it #thekiwicountrygirl.
Peach Iced Tea Recipe
- 1 fresh peach (see recipe note 1)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Mint sprigs or lemon verbena
- 6 tea bags (regular black or green tea)
- 1.5-2 litres water (from the tap is fine)
- Peach slices
- Mint leaves
- Cut the fresh peach into small pieces. Add them to a 2 litre jug along with the sugar and muddle together using a cocktail muddling stick if you have one, or a wooden spoon to release the peach juices and dissolve the sugar.
- Add the fresh herbs, tea bags and water, stir around and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight until the tea has brewed.
- Serve cold with ice, fresh peach slices and mint leaves. Recipe can easily be doubled, tripled or more for a crowd.
- If peaches are out of season, you can either use frozen peach slices (just let them thaw first) or drain a tin of peaches in juice and use them.