No Bake Snickers Cheesecake Bars - a new flavour of our favourite dessert, easy no bake cheesecake bars. Caramel, peanuts & cheesecake...dessert perfection!
We are back from a 3 night escape to the beach and it feels good! My aunty, uncle & cousins are visiting all the way from Switzerland at the moment so the whole family packed up and moved to our beach house in Whangamata for the week. Josh & I managed to sneak an extra day off work so had a long weekend and we made the most of sleeping in, eating breakfast out, reading, beach swimming, relaxing and generally just doing what we wanted as it's getting closer to the time that our holidays are going to revolve around a tiny human being instead of us! It was such a great thing to do, we came back feeling super relaxed and ready to start now getting ready for this baby! And eat cheesecake...:)
So, this cheesecake looks kinda familiar right? We've been here before with no bake peanut butter cup cheesecake bars, aka one of my all time favourite desserts and something that always gets requested, but we've mixed it up a bit. Still the same crunchy Oreo base and creamy peanut buttery filling but with added caramel and we've double loaded. Twice the base, twice the filling, twice the deliciousness in no bake Snickers cheesecake bar form.
This came with me to a 30th a couple of weeks ago and it was demolished. I managed to sneak one piece before it disappeared and I had so many compliments on it which is a sure fire sign of a winning dessert.
If you need a quick dessert to take to a party, this is it. The great thing about it is that you can make it in advance and keep it in the fridge until you need it! We were going an hour and a half in the car in the middle of summer which could have ended up in cheesecake disaster, so I actually put it in the freezer for an hour before we left and that kept it nice and cold and it was then the perfect temperature when we got there.
It's the perfect mix of sweet and creamy without being overwhelming and is a real crowd pleaser. Make this next time you're on dessert!
No Bake Snickers Cheesecake Bars
- 2 x 140g packets Oreos
- 100 g butter
- ½ tin condensed milk/dulche de leche*
- 2 x 250g packages of cream cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cream
- 2x Snickers bars
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- Chocolate/caramel sauce for drizzling on top
- Line a 20cm (8”) square baking tin with baking paper or tinfoil making sure it goes up the sides with some overhang.
- In a food processor crush the Oreos until they are fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and stir well to combine.
- Press firmly into the prepared tin using a glass or your hands. Put in the fridge to set while you make the filling.
- If you can find dulche de leche, use this, otherwise take ½ a tin of condensed milk and cook it over a low heat in a small pot on the stove, stirring constantly, until it takes on a golden brown colour and thickens up. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before using.
- Add the cream cheese & peanut butter to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on high speed using the paddle attachment until smooth and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add the dulche de leche, cream and vanilla and mix on medium speed for a further 3 or 4 minutes until combined and smooth.
- Spread the filling onto the base and smooth using a spatula.
- Top with chopped Snickers bars & peanuts and put in the fridge to set for a couple of hours.
- Lift the cheesecake out of the tin using the overhang of baking paper and place on a large chopping board. Cut into pieces - I like cutting it into 16 squares and then cutting those squares in half to make bite sized triangles.
- Serve immediately. If not serving right away, store in the fridge until ready, particularly in summer, or in the freezer for an hour if you're travelling with it.
- Cheesecake will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.