Monster popcorn slime balls are fun snacks made from popcorn and marshmallow and double as a Halloween table decoration!
Out of all the Halloween treats I have shared with you this year, I think these are my favourite!
These monster popcorn slime balls are so fun to make and look the part too!
Pop a bunch of popcorn (see this post for how to pop perfect popcorn every time) melt butter and marshmallows, add green food colouring and form into balls.
Click here to pin this to your Halloween board on Pinterest
Make sure you grease your hands before making the balls - trust me! Otherwise you will end up with a sticky mess, slime all over your hands and popcorn everywhere! I just sprayed a bit of cooking oil on my hands and reapplied after making a couple of balls.
Set the balls on a baking tray and stick candy eyeballs on for extra scariness!
Other great Halloween ideas
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 cup marshmallows
- A few drops green food colouring
- 2 cups popcorn
- candy eyeballs
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper or a Silpat liner. Set aside.
- Add the butter to a medium sized pot and melt over a medium heat. Add the marshmallows and stir using a rubber spatula until they have melted.
- Remove from the heat, add the green food colouring and combine.
- Pour in the popcorn and mix until all the popcorn is coated in marshmallow.
- Spray your hands with cooking spray (or use butter or oil) and take a handful of popcorn and form into a ball. Set on the prepared baking tray. Repeat with all of the popcorn.
- Stick candy eyeballs onto the balls of popcorn.
- Put the tray in the fridge for about 10 minutes to set the marshmallow.