The absolute best made from scratch brownie recipe - double chocolate, super fudgy, crackly on top and ready in 40 minutes using only 1 pot! Homemade brownies have never tasted so good!
So, Sage is scared of kittens. Our big, boisterous black labrador teenage puppy who has a bark that would frighten off any intruder is terrified of Josh's mums teeny tiny kitten. I was over at their house last night and Sage was a whimpering mess. They would eye each other up, and then the kitten would come running at Sage (which was hilarious) and Sage would go running to hide behind Josh's dad. We were actually in hysterics. If only our chickens would fight back like that!
Anyway, brownie. Or more specifically the best, one pot ultimate chewy classic fudgy brownie!
Brownies come in all shapes and forms but if I'm going to eat a brownie I want it to be really decadent. I want it to be rich and chocolately, not cakey at all and super fudgy. Substandard brownies are not something I want to know about. That's why today, I bring you the ultimate classic fudgy brownie, and the best brownie that's ever come out of my kitchen.
I tried so many different variations of the standard brownie until I found the combination that I was 100% satisfied with and you are going to LOVE it!
This particular recipe has both chocolate and cocoa powder making the brownie extra chocolately...exactly what we are after. It doesn't require any raising agent (baking powder or soda) because it doesn't need to rise. It only has a small amount of flour because chocolate and 3 eggs really do all the work in creating the bulk of it.
They only need 20 minutes cooking time because you don't want to overcook them. They will start to crack around the edges and a toothpick inserted into the middle will come out pretty clean with a few crumbs on it. That means it's perfect! It's really important to let it cool completely in the tin before removing and cutting it as it needs time to set.
These classic fudgy brownies are:
- Fudgy & dense
- Super chocolatey
- Easy to make
- Made in 1 pot = less dishes
- Ready in 40 minutes
Josh loved it, I loved it and Josh's dad claimed that it passed the taste test with flying colours. High praise from a man who loves his chocolate desserts! And I've made it 3 times in 1 week... 🙂
One Pot Classic Fudgy Brownies
- 115 g butter
- 150 g chocolate (I used Whittaker's Dark Block (50%))
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (93g) plain flour
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F and line a 20cm square tin (8") with baking paper or tinfoil.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and add to a medium sized saucepan with the butter. Melt over a low/medium heat. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugars, eggs & vanilla & whisk together.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and salt & stir gently until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking tin and bake for 20 minutes until the brownie is starting to crack on the top and is starting to pull away from the sides. A toothpick inserted into the centre will come out with a few moist crumbs on it.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tin before removing and slicing into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days..