This no bake summer berry tart is so simple to make but will be the star of the show! Perfect for Christmas dessert or to take to a summer BBQ!
When it comes to recipes in summer and in the lead up to Christmas, you know I am a huge fan of keeping things as simple as possible.
I love traditional Christmas desserts like pavlova and trifle, but often time is not on your side and in these instances, this no bake summer berry tart is going to be your new dessert bff!
15 minutes prep time, 30 minutes to chill and you have a super easy but impressive looking summer dessert that will be right at home on the Christmas table or at a summer BBQ with friends!
I used a tart tin with a removable base but if you don’t have one (or are planning on transporting the dessert) use any baking dish.
The base is crushed biscuits, butter and a small amount of sugar – I used vanilla wine biscuits but digestives would also be delicious. Or even try Oreos to make it chocolatey.
The filling is cream, Greek yoghurt, icing sugar and vanilla whipped up until it’s all pillowy and delicious, then spread into the base and chilled for 30 minutes before decorating.
You can also make this in mini tart dishes or layer them up in mason jars if you want a really transportable (and cute) dessert option.
Cover in as many berries as you can get your hands on and use whatever you have. I used strawberries & blueberries but raspberries and blackberries or boysenberries would be delicious! This will still be amazing later in the season topped with peaches or plums.
Made this recipe? Tag me on Instagram @thekiwicountrygirl and hashtag it #thekiwicountrygirl.
No Bake Summer Berry Tart
- 1 x 125 gram packet of plain biscuits (vanilla wine or digestives)
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 100 grams butter (melted)
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 1 punnet blueberries
- Using a food processor blitz the biscuits until they are fine crumbs. If you don't have a food processor, put the biscuits in a snaplock bag and smash them up using a rolling pin. Stir through the sugar and melted butter. Tip the mixture into a 23-25cm pie/tart dish (one with a removable base if you have one) Press firmly into the tin and up the sides using the back of a spoon or your hands. Put in the fridge to set while you make the filling.
- Add all filling ingredients to a large mixing bowl and using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Spoon the filling into the base and spread out evenly using a spatula. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before topping with topping with strawberries and blueberries. Dust with icing sugar immediately before serving.
- Store the tart in the fridge until you are ready to serve. It can be made one day in advance and leftovers will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.