When I first started sharing recipes on my website back in 2015, I set myself a challenge to take something I would normally buy from the supermarket and make it from scratch. One thing per week, for the whole year.
It was such a fun challenge to set myself and some of those recipes have become the most popular recipes on my website, so I thought I would bring back the challenge but with a few changes (one per month because I have kids now!) - and encourage you to participate too!
What you need to know:
- On the 1st of each month I will post a new recipe (or project) for you to make from scratch with step by step instructions, photos and a video
- They will mostly be recipes - replicas of your favourite store bought things or other basic recipes that I think everyone should know how to make from scratch
- Occasionally I might mix it up by adding a DIY project or something around the house to make!
- I want you to make it alongside me and come back and tell me how it went!
- I'd love for you to share pictures with me - email me [email protected], share on Facebook or Instagram @thekiwicountrygirl and use the hashtag #kiwicountrygirlchallenge
I'm planning to also incorporate fun giveaways and a prize for a winner of the challenge (which will be randomly selected from the photos that have been shared with me through social media or emailed) but I will work out those details as we go.
Mostly, I am just really excited to learn a few new things myself and to share that with you and hopefully we all learn how to make a few more things from scratch this year!
The first recipe will be posted this weekend, so keep an eye out for details, and make sure you are signed up to my email list to hear about it first!