Quick & easy ciabatta garlic bread with homemade garlic butter spread. It's the perfect side dish for any meal!
I have never met a person that doesn't like garlic bread...have you?
I think it's because there is nothing better than buttery garlicky carb loading as a side dish to dinner. Or a before dinner snack...or just a quick bite to eat at any time of day!
This garlic bread is so easy to make you will never buy garlic bread again. The garlic butter is a combination of softened butter and a little bit of neutral oil which when blitzed together make it perfectly spreadable and the addition of crushed garlic and fresh parsley make it so tasty! You can use any type of bread you like for garlic bread but ciabatta is our favourite, and I would highly recommend using it.
It's important to keep in mind, when you are spreading the butter onto the bread be generous. Like, even when you have covered the bread in butter and you think it looks like you couldn't possibly add any more - do. Too much garlic butter is not a thing here.
All that you need to do now is wrap each half loaf in tinfoil and bake for 20-25 minutes until the butter is melted and the bread is starting to crisp up. If you only want to bake 1 half of the loaf you can wrap the other half in tinfoil and freeze for another time.
But you will probably want to cook both...Josh & I have been known to polish off a whole loaf on our own!
Homemade Ciabatta Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 100 grams butter room temperature
- 2 TBSP oil
- 1.5 TBSP crushed garlic
- 1 TBSP chopped parsley fresh or dried
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Slice a ciabatta loaf in half length-ways
- Using a stick mixer blend together butter, oil & garlic until it is combined and spreadable
- Spread generously on both pieces of bread and sprinkle with parsley.
- Wrap in tinfoil and bake for 20-25 minutes until the butter is melted and the bread is starting to crisp up.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly and serve hot.