Chocolate coconut and almond no bake slice – an easy peasy no bake slice that’s perfect for making with kids and for a quick but decadent treat!
So before I launch into the deliciousness, I need to tell you – we are in the middle of a chicken hatch-a-thon!!! So far 6 out of 21 chicks have hatched, 3 eggs have cracks in them and the rest are just chilling…hopefully when I get home from work tonight we will have loads of baby chicks…they’re so CUTE!! Pics to come, promise! Or if you’re impatient, check out my Instagram!
But the real reason you’re visiting… ⇓ this here chocolate slice. Let’s talk.
Remember when I didn’t have an oven for 2 weeks and all I wanted to do was bake? Yep, the grass is always greener right. Well now I have an oven – a shiny brand spanking new oven with more functions than you know what to do with (automatic turning on and cooking is an OVEN THING!) – so I thought it would be fitting to share a no bake slice recipe. Hey green grass, I’m coming!
But regardless of whether you have a functioning oven or not, this is a slice to be excited about. There are so many things right about it:
- No baking required
- Almonds…covered in chocolate
- Getting to use my favourite ever kitchen appliance to cruuuuush biscuits
- Um, chocolate
Essentially what happened was that I started with chocolate and then just added a bunch of my favourite things hoping for the best. This is something I do a lot, with varied results. Luckily this time it worked!
The base is simple – crush up a packet of plain biscuits, mix in some butter, condensed milk and cocoa powder (I did not say this was a healthy treat) and press into a tin. Leave it in the fridge for about an hour to set and then melt chocolate, add coconut & almonds and pour it over the top.
That’s it…slice it up, keep it in the fridge and it’s a fab chocolatey afternoon treat!
Chocolate Coconut & Almond No Bake Slice
- 250 grams plain biscuits (I used round wines)
- 80 grams butter (melted)
- 1/2 tin condensed milk (just over 1/2 a cup)
- 2 TBSP cocoa powder
- 150 grams chocolate
- 3/4 cup almonds (sliced)
- 1/2 dessicated coconut
- Using a food processor or in a ziplock bag and using a rolling pin, crush the biscuits into crumbs. If there are a few bigger pieces that's ok.
- Add the melted butter, condensed milk and cocoa powder and mix together.
- Press into a greased 18cm x 28cm (7" x 11") slice tin and put in the fridge to set for about an hour.
- Melt the chocolate and add the almonds and coconut.
- Pour over the base and smooth over using a rubber spatula and put back in the fridge to set.
- Cut into pieces and store in the fridge for a week.