This caprese pasta salad has the most simple list of ingredients that packs a huge flavour punch! Easy to prepare and delicious as a side or main course!
If you are looking for a Christmas Day salad, something to take to a BBQ or a simple but flavourful meal prep option for weekday lunches, this Caprese Pasta Salad is exactly what you need!
We are all about simplicity here and that’s exactly what this salad is. A handful of basic but delicious ingredients, an easy to make dressing, all tossed together ready to serve!
The best thing about this salad is that it can be made a few days in advance as it actually improves over time!
If pasta salad isn’t your thing, swap it out for a bag of rocket or baby spinach for a green salad option. If you want to make it a full meal, add prosciutto or cooked chicken – perfect for lunches!
Made this recipe? Tag me on Instagram @thekiwicountrygirl and hashtag it #thekiwicountrygirl.
Caprese Pasta Salad
- 500 grams dried pasta shells
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 125 grams cherry bocconcini balls (or a fresh mozzarella ball broken into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and allow to cool.
- Add pasta and all other salad ingredients to a large salad bowl. Make the dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to a jar and shaking well to combine and pour over the salad. Mix together well
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Pasta salad will keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days