Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies with Satay Sauce – a quick, easy and super tasty sheet pan dinner with colourful veggies, tasty sausages and a killer satay sauce! Great for weeknights and meal prep.
Out of all the things I cook and we eat THIS is our favourite. Ok…one of our favourites up there with Spaghetti Bolognese & anything Mexican. But we probably eat this Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies with Satay Sauce once a week. Why? It’s so super quick and easy!!
This sheet pan dinner has it all – flavourful sausages, colourful veggies and an epic sauce. Plus, dinner is on the table in 45 minutes of which 30 minutes is waiting for it to cook in the oven. Hands free! That’s what I call a weeknight meal. And if you’re out all day, you can even cut up the sausages & veggies in the morning and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to cook them.
The best thing about it is that it’s a great way to use up any veggies in the fridge that are starting to look a little tired. I often make this meal the day before I go to the supermarket, that way I clear out the veggie bin and am ready to start over.
It’s also fun because it becomes a totally different meal depending on the time of year! I love using broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin and mushrooms in winter and loading it up with fresh zucchini, cherry tomatoes, green beans and peppers in the summer. Also, if you can be bothered, it’s fun to put the sausages and veggies on skewers! Then you can just dip them in the satay sauce making them perfect for a summer BBQ.
And really, if you’re not into sausages, there is no reason why you couldn’t use chicken instead!
The satay sauce is super easy to throw together and you can do it while the sausages are in the oven and the rice/quinoa is cooking. Peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, fresh ginger, chilli flakes and coconut milk are the ingredients and just whisk them all together, bring to the boil and simmer until it’s thickened – it will only take about 5 minutes.
So let’s recap – things to love about this meal:
- Ready to eat in 45 minutes
- Uses up tired veggies
- Killer sauce
- Can be prepped ahead of time
- Perfect for lunches or a quick weeknight dinner
Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies is the perfect weeknight meal that the whole family will love!
Made this? Tag me on Instagram @thekiwicountrygirl and hashtag it #thekiwicountrygirl.
Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies with Satay Sauce
- 6 sausages (any kind is fine, choose your favourite)
- 3 cups chopped veges (e.g. zucchini, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, green beans, carrot, mushrooms, cauliflower, peppers etc)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 TBSP peanut butter
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Pinch of chilli flakes (more if you like it hot)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Rice/quinoa/couscous or your favourite grain
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F and line a large sheet pan/rimmed baking tray with baking paper
- Cut the sausages into bite sized pieces (I cut each sausage into 6) and arrange the sausage pieces and chopped veggies onto the baking tray.
- Drizzle the olive oil over and season well with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes or until the sausages are cooked through.
- While the sausages & veggies are cooking (and whatever grain you are using to serve it on), make the satay sauce.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and chilli flakes until all ingredients are combined. Add the coconut milk and whisk again.
- Bring to the boil (with the element on a medium heat) and then simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the sausages and veggies over the rice and pour the satay sauce over.