These easy raspberry and white chocolate blondies with coconut will become a new favourite recipe for your family. Chewy, fudgy blondies studded with tart raspberries, white chocolate chips and coconut!
Do you know what kind of recipes are my favourite kind? The ones that are ready in under an hour, made in 1 bowl and taste good enough that they would be right at home in a fancy bakery. These raspberry and white chocolate blondies with coconut are EXACTLY that!
But first up, what is a blondie?
Simple! A blondie is pretty much the blonde version of a brownie. It’s the vanilla to brownie’s chocolate! The main difference between a brownie and a blondie is that instead of cocoa powder, there is just vanilla and brown sugar. It’s almost like a butterscotch brownie!
They have the same crispy top, the same fudgy and chewy centre, a pretty similar list of basic ingredients and the exact same ability to coerce you into eating way too many pieces in one sitting!
Click here to pin this post to your baking board to save it for later and follow The Kiwi Country Girl on Pinterest for more great recipes, DIY projects and farm/garden tips!
However you choose to describe a blondie, they are delicious. Especially when you fancy them up to become raspberry and white chocolate blondies. I’ve been obsessing over the combination of raspberry and white chocolate since I made these muffins and I don’t think I’ll get over it anytime soon. Which is actually kind of weird considering that I don’t even like white chocolate. Plus, this time I decided on a whim to throw in some coconut and it was GENIUS!
The other way that blondies are similar to brownies is that making blondies is so simple! Mix together wet and dry ingredients and then add the delicious mix ins and bake. You make the whole thing in the same big bowl or pot that you melt the butter in, which means less dishes and I’m always happy about that!
Bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out almost clean and if you can, let them cool completely in the tin before slicing. This will allow them to set slightly more and you’ll be able to get cleaner cuts. But if that doesn’t worry you and you are all about getting involved in the gooeyness of freshly baked blondies, then get in there!
And you might as well scoop some ice cream on top and call it dessert while you’re there!
Other easy, 1 bowl baking recipes to try
Raspberry and White Chocolate Blondies
- 150 grams butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (105 grams) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (210 grams) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a 20x20cm (8x8") square brownie tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the melted butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk together.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix it all together. Add the raspberries, white chocolate and coconut and mix into the batter.
- Pour into the prepared tin and spread out evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the blondie to cool completely in the tin before removing and slicing.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days.