The easiest and tastiest 15 Minute Ham, Cheese & Tomato Croissants - they come together and are ready to eat in only 15 minutes! Perfect for Easter brunch or just any old weekend breakfast!
Popping in with a super quick and easy Easter brunch idea for you today! I'm definitely not going to go as far as calling this a recipe - think of it as more inspiration!
These Ham, Cheese & Tomato Croissants are one of our favourite things to eat for weekend breakfasts. Now that our mornings revolve around feeding, changing and entertaining Sadie we are much shorter on time to put together fancy brunch in the weekends. The best thing about these is that they take 5 minutes prep work and 10 minutes cook time so they can be made, eaten and cleaned up all while Sadie takes her morning nap. Perfect!
Plus, they are no harder to make for a crowd than for 2 people which makes them ideal for when you are entertaining. If Easter brunch is at your house this year, add them to the menu! We also often have them on Christmas morning. Yum!
I buy a packet of croissants from the supermarket ahead of time so that I'm organised and put them in the freezer. I haven't figured out how to make croissants yet but if you can, definitely use homemade. Pull them out of the freezer the night before and let them thaw on the counter and the only prep that needs to happen in the morning is to slice them open, layer them up with ham, cheese and tomato or any other toppings you like, bake them for 10 minutes and serve.
Serve them with your favourite chutney or relish on the side and breakfast is looking pretty darn good!
15 Minute Ham, Cheese & Tomato Croissants
- 8 croissants
- 8 slices shaved or sliced ham (about 150g)
- 8 slices of cheese
- 8 slices of tomato (1 or 2 medium sized tomatoes)
- Salt & pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley or chives for serving
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Slice croissants in half and place on an oven tray. Fill croissants with ham, cheese and tomato slices and season with salt & pepper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs if desired and serve immediately.