So, I started writing and editing the photos for this post the day Sadie was born. I had gone in the truck with Josh as I figured it would be the last time I would be able to (so true!) and I took my laptop to do this while he was loading/unloading the cattle. I planned to finish up when I got home but Sadie had other plans for that evening and instead we made a mad dash to the hospital and found ourselves with a baby that night! And now we have a 3 week old! So anyway, I am sorry that it’s taken me 3 weeks to share the recipe for Oreo Cheesecake Cookies with you – but apparently newborn babies are very time consuming! But so very snuggly and adorable!
I have combined 2 of my most favourite things to make 1 epic, easy to make batch of treats today. Chocolate chip cookies + Oreo cheesecake = Oreo Cheesecake Cookies! Yuuuuuus!
I’ve taken my easy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, added cream cheese & crushed Oreos and made the most delicious, easy, soft cookies ever. They are the perfect mix between cookies & cheesecake.
The cream cheese makes them super creamy & the chunks of Oreos in place of chocolate chips add a little surprise in every bite. I like not crushing up the Oreos too much so that there are bigger bits in amongst the small crumbs so that you get actual bites of Oreo in the cookies. You can crush the Oreos in the food processor or in a snaplock bag with a rolling pin, but I took the extreme lazy approach and used my mixer which worked perfectly to give me lots of bigger chunks of Oreos which was perfect – and it meant less dishes…yay!
The recipe makes about 14 cookies but only if you can hold back from eating the dough which I had major trouble with! The other great thing about these cookies, is that like my Chocolate Chip Cookies, they are ready to go in around 30 minutes! Instant cookies!
- 85 g butter room temperature
- 85 g cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup (110g) white sugar
- ½ cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups (210g) flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 10 Oreos crushed
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese together for a few minutes and then add the sugars and beat again until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat for another minute until well combined.
- Slow the mixer to the lowest speed and add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined. Stir in the crushed Oreos.
- Spoon 12 even sized scoops onto a baking tray lined with baking paper - I like to use a small ice-cream scoop to make sure they are all the same size. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for 1 week. Cookies will also freeze well.