Crispy baked chicken burritos – fast, easy, tasty & healthy! The perfect quick weeknight Mexican meal that the whole family will love!
I loooove me some burritos. They’re such an easy throw together meal. They’re also a favourite of Josh’s which means they fall firmly into the “farmer friendly” food category and I love adding food to that list!
I used to buy the seasoning packets for both mince & chicken burritos which we loved. Last year I discovered homemade burrito seasoning which I started using with mince and I’ve finally cracked the code for the crispy chicken coating! Not that there is anything wrong with using those, but I’m a total sucker for making stuff from scratch…tastes better, is cheaper and as long as you have a well stocked spice rack you can throw it together at a minutes notice. Perfect when the supermarket is an hour away!
The best thing about this seasoning is that it’s not limited to burritos. I cut the chicken into strips and they were the perfect chicken dippers. And the sweet chilli lime mayo that goes so well in the burritos also makes a great dipping sauce.
Mix the coating together, cut the chicken into strips, dip in a bit of milk and cover in the coating and bake. While the chicken is baking prepare the salad fillings, throw together the yoghurt dressing and in under an hour you are eating delicious crispy chicken burritos. It also reheats really well for if someone is late home for dinner or cook extra chicken so that you can continue the party for lunch the next day.
Onwards to crispy chicken goodness team!
Crispy Chicken Burritos
- 1/3 cup milk (to dip the chicken in)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the burritos
- 500 grams chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 6-8 tortillas
- 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 2 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- Lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, red onion, avocado or whatever other salad you like
- Add the milk to a small bowl and set aside. Add all chicken coating ingredients to another small bowl and whisk together.
- Cut the chicken into strips and dunk each strip in the milk and then in the coating mixture. Make sure the whole piece of chicken is covered in coating.
- Lay out on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake at 180°C/350°F for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the salad for the burritos. Cut lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, onions, avocado and whatever else you are using into strips.
- To make the dressing mix all ingredients together.
- Warm the wraps as per the package direction and when the chicken is cooked, assemble the burritos.