This loaded Anzac slice recipe is a twist on the traditional Anzac biscuits, filled with cranberries, apricot, walnuts and topped with a chocolate drizzle!
Just popping in quickly this morning with an amazing Anzac Day recipe. Today is the day in New Zealand & Australia that we celebrate and remember our soldiers and traditionally this is celebrated with a day off and Anzac biscuits!
Last year I shared my favourite Anzac biscuit recipe but this year I've mixed it up a bit with my favourite loaded Anzac slice.
It's the exact same recipe as the Anzac biscuits but baked in slice form, and with the addition of cranberries, dried apricots and walnuts. And a chocolate drizzle. So good!
It's the perfect throw together slice - start now and it will be ready for morning tea! It's chewy, oaty and full of deliciousness thanks to all the delicious extras! And it's so lazy - everything in one pot, press it into a tin and bake.
Now I'm off to enjoy the sunshine and make the most of my day off...even though after this I only have 3 days of work left until I finish up...eeeek!
Happy Anzac Day everyone!
This loaded Anzac slice recipe is a twist on the traditional Anzac biscuits, filled with cranberries, apricot, walnuts and topped with a chocolate drizzle!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 16 pieces
- 100 g butter
- 2 TBSP golden syrup *
- ½ cup (110g) sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (110g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (100g) dessicated coconut
- 1 cup (140g) flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP warm water
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup dried apricots roughly chopped
- ½ cup walnuts roughly chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- *If you can't find golden syrup you can use honey or light corn syrup in it's place
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 20cm x 20cm brownie tin with baking paper.
- Melt butter and golden syrup in a medium saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and add sugars, oats, coconut, flour and mix together.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, dissolve the baking soda in the water and add to the slice mixture.
- Add the cranberries, apricots & walnuts and mix well to combine.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and press down.
- Bake for 25 minutes until top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together and drizzle over the cooled slice.
- Cut into 16 pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature for about 10 days.