Are you ready? Because these raspberry & white chocolate muffins are going to blow your mind! They’re easy, take less than 20 minutes (aka the tiny window of opportunity I have to do anything while Sadie naps during the day) to prepare and are a winner with everyone! Also, they are particularly theraputic when you are being simultaneously excited and sad about your 9 week old baby outgrowing her teeny tiny newborn clothes as you are folding them up and storing them away. This parenting thing is so confusing! It’s super exciting that Sadie is gaining weight and growing and changing but so sad that she’s growing up so fast…already! But at the same time I know there are so many exciting things to come. I guess that’s why you have more than 1 baby!
Also, in other Sadie news we had our first mum & baby class yesterday! It’s a weekly class which is pretty much stories, songs and developmental playtime for babies and adult conversation with coffee for mums! But imagine 15 babies all lined up on the floor on blankets having stories read to them…100% the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life! Well, it was the cutest thing until I got home, put Sadie down on the porch in her capsule and Sage came over, put her face in next to Sadie, accidentally (but totally on purpose) put her paw in, rocked the capsule and Sadie started smiling…oh my. Adorable.
Anyway, raspberry & white chocolate muffins. This muffin mixture is super simple and is the same recipe as I use for my blueberry muffins…it’s so good there was no need to change it! The ingredient list is pretty basic and makes muffins that are light, fluffy and full of flavour with bursts of raspberries and white chocolate in every bite…everything you want in a muffin.
You can use fresh raspberries if they are in season, but I used frozen raspberries and they work perfectly. Much easier, and makes it feel like a bit of summer in the middle of winter!
Raspberry & white chocolate is such a classic combination but it’s not one that I usually go for. After making these muffins though I am rethinking that…I want raspberry & white chocolate everything! I’m thinking maybe cheesecake next?
- 2 cups (280g) flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a muffin tin or line with paper cases.
- Add dry ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk together until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together milk, yoghurt, egg, oil & vanilla.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in. Mix together gently until barely combined. Add raspberries & white chocolate and fold in gently. DON’T overmix the batter – a few small lumps are fine.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the 12 prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the tops are starting to brown or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to sit in the muffin tins for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for 5 days or freeze.